Regular dental cleanings are the best investment in your smile. At your initial appointment and regular check-ups every six months, a trusted dental hygienist will gently and thoroughly clean your teeth.
Cleanings help prevent cavities, tooth decay, gum disease and other conditions. A regular cleaning includes the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from teeth using ultrasonic and hand instruments. A fluoride treatment will also be applied to maintain the benefits of each dental cleaning.
Our exceptional care, knowledgeable staff and pleasant, comfortable surroundings are a few reasons why patients love us. Our hygienists perform thorough dental cleanings as well as teach you how to keep your smile healthy. Your dental cleaning appointment will typically include:
- Removal of Plaque – When you eat, naturally-occurring bacteria in your mouth produce acids that form plaque. This filmy substance coats the surfaces of your teeth, eventually dissolving the outer layer called enamel. Regular cleanings at home and at the dentist can keep plaque from permanently damaging your teeth.
- Tartar Removal – Also known as calculus, tartar is hardened plaque that is firmly attached to the tooth. This substance is above and below the gumline, and can only be removed during a trip to the dentist.
- Teeth Polishing – While a dental cleaning removes plaque and tartar from your teeth, polishing makes the surfaces of your teeth smooth. This technique removes the stains from substances like coffee, tea, and wine that build up over time.
- Fluoride Treatment – Fluoride helps prevent tooth decay by making your teeth more resistant to acid attacks from plaque, bacteria, and sugars in the mouth. Fluoride will help re-mineralize teeth that have been affected by decay, stopping cavities from forming.
- Home Dental Care Guidance – Good dental health needs to take place at home as well as at TenderCare Dental’s office. Healthy Family’s staff will guide you through each step regarding how best to take care of your teeth and gums based on your special needs. Basic tips include how to effectively and efficiently brush and floss your teeth using complimentary supplies sent home with you after your appointment.