We have laser treatment options available. We offer the latest in laser technology, available for soft tissue modification. The laser performs minor surgical procedures and eliminates bacteria without anesthesia for greater patient comfort.
Laser is a less invasive way to prepare the gums around the teeth for better impressions when we do crown and bridgework that is sent to outside laboratories. Healing is also faster once laser has been used in a dental treatment plan.
The benefits of laser treatment include:
- Less bleeding
- Reduced swelling
- Frenectomy (“tongue-tie” release, orthodontic or periodontal indications) without anesthesia or sutures
- Smile improvements, i.e. gum sculpting that lengthens teeth due to oversized gingiva (“gummy smile” improvement)
- Excisional and incisional biopsies
- Gingivectomy, gingivoplasty, crown lengthening, and other gum corrections
- Removal of oral lesions such as fibromas or pappillomas, usually with topical anesthesia only
- Treatment of minor mouth and gum irritations
- Aphthous Ulcer (“canker sore” ) treatments
- Tissue Recontouring